25.5 Rating Old Albums

I thought I would go back and rate all of the old albums. A few notes on this before I start, though. I am finding that because I am so broke, the “how much would I pay to see them live” category is almost pointless. It is completely un-relatable unless you too live below the poverty line. What is interesting about it, though, is that there are certain bands where I didn't like the album, but would rather see live over a band whose album I did like. For example, I would WAY rather see Rhapsody than Bright Eyes.

Also, so we’re clear on the star grading: 0 is unlistenable, 1 is bad, 2 is "meh", 2.5 okay, 3 is good, 4 is amazing, 5 is a perfect album.


Rhapsody – Live in Canada
Stars: 2.5
Favorite Song: The Village of Dwarves
Show: 25$

Robert Glasper - Double Booked
Stars: 2.5
Favorite Song: Yes I’m Country (and That's Okay)
Show: 7$

Jay-Z Reasonable Doubt
Stars: 4
Favorite Song: Brooklyn’s Finest
Show: 35$

Bon Iver – For Emma, Forever Ago
Stars: 3.5
Favorite Song: re: stacks
Show: 8$ (Good album, but I can’t see how this would be a good show.)

Deer Tick – War Elephant
Stars: 2
Favorite Song: These Old Shoes
Show: 8$

Dawes – North Hills
Stars: 4.25 (These guys are my favorite right now.)
Favorite Song: That Western Skyline
Show: 40$

Antlers – Hospice
Stars: 2.5
Favorite Song: Epilogue
Show: 15$

Beck – Mutations
Stars: 3
Favorite Song: Canceled Check
Show: 15$

Bright Eyes – Cassadaga
Stars: 3.5
Favorite Song: Four Winds
Show: 10$

Gorillaz – Plastic Beach
Stars: 4
Favorite Song: Stylo, Rhinestone Eyes
Show: 30$

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros – Up From Below
Stars: 3.75
Favorite Song: Home, 40 Day Dream
Live: 15$

Polaris – Music from the Adventure of Pete and Pete
Stars: 3
Favorite Song: Hey Sandy, Saturnine
Show: 3$

Fanfarlo – Resevoir
Stars: 1
Favorite Song: Harold T Wilkins, or How to Wait for a Very Long Time
Show: 1$

Gangstarr – Moment of Truth
Stars: 3.5
Favorite Song: You Know My Steeze, Work
Show: 12$

The National – Boxer
Stars: 2
Favorite Song: Fake Empire
Show: 10$

Beruit – Gulag Orkestar
Stars: 2.75
Favorite Song: Postcards from Italy
Show: 5$

The Raincoats – Self Titled
Stars: 3.25
Favorite Song: You’re A Million
Show: 7$

LCD Soundsystem – This is Happening
Stars: 3
Favorite Song: Home
Show: 13$

No comments:

Post a Comment