Day 40, Deftones - Around The Fur / Blog sign off

In case anyone was wondering...

On Sept. 17th, I had finished my job at the American Red Cross in Greater New York, thus ending my commute and in turn, this project. I had listened to 40 new albums and reviewed them all. Although only achieving 50%, I think a thoughtful and complete post every other day is still one hell of a feat. I had listened to Around the Fur on my way home from work the previous day and again the next morning and composed half the review during my lunch break. But I refused to ever finish it. I am not even going to finish it today. Something snapped when I pranced out of those revolving doors out onto West 49th street. All energy was redirected. I have since left Brooklyn, worked on farms in California, partied on a houseboat in Seattle, wore a costume to a rave, hit the beaches of Santa Monica and Venice, bought a dog and disfigured a rental car and got away with it. I may return to cyberspace, but for now, human-space is more enjoyable.

Cheers!

Stars: 3.25
Tracks: "Be Quiet and Drive" and "Lotion"
Show: 20$

Great energy and thoughtful composition. Wonderful sense of melody and song without sacrificing edge. Tasteful hard rock.

P.S. Thanks to everyone who may have been entertained by this blog enough to give it a read (Nat, Colin, Joel in particular), to all you who suggested albums, and to those who helped me obtain them (M Blockies and Miguel)! Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment